Myofascial Cupping is helping blood flow back to the injured muscles and much more…
Cupping started over 3000 years BC in Egyptian, Greek and Asian cultures. They first started using cupping from animal horns to help drain toxins out of snakebites. They then released over time how effective it was for the muscles and muscular problems. The animal horns then moved to bamboo cups, then glass, plastic and rubber cups.
Today Myofasical cupping is used to improve circulation, reduce tissue tension and stimulate the peripheral and autonomic nervous systems.
Body balance Health and Wellness use static cupping with a vacuum pump keeping the cups on the skin in the same spot for 10mins as well as fire cupping as a form of gliding cupping to move the cups along the skin and muscle for a more broad release.
During a Remedial Massage your muscles are pushed down by the therapists, hands, fingers, forearms or elbows using a positive/downward pressure whereas cupping does the opposite. Cupping lifts and draws the muscle upwards using a negative/upwards pressure allowing the muscles to be stretched and relaxed.
Myofasical cupping is just another modality to help get the muscles functioning back to functioning at its full capacity.
What can Myofascial cupping help?
Myofasical cupping can help with many injuries is here is just a few:
- Lower Back pain
- Neck stiffness
- Arthritic problems
- Shoulder injuries
- Sport injuries
- Stress and Fatigue
What are the benefits of Myofascial cupping?
- Increased blood flow to the injured areas
- Reduces fluid accumulation i.e decreased oedema
- Stretches the muscle tissue resulting in better Range of Movement
- Gives relief of muscle and joint pain
- Helps break down scar tissue from old injuries
- Strengthens the immune system by promoting the flow of lymphatic fluid
- Stimulates the nervous system, causing an increase of endorphoins and a decrease of pain
- Improves circulation to reduce inflammation
This is just to name a few!
So if you haven’t tried Myofascial Cupping yet why not give it a go, Book in a session with Lisa today!